For me I treat my self-care appointments like health appointments. They need to be made regularly to keep my emotional and spiritual self well. By self-care appointments I’m talking about the ones that improve how your feel about yourself. The ones that remind you of your identity before kids, partners and housework.
Tell your partner they’re watching the kids, or book someone into watch them. Make sure they’re someone who won’t guilt trip you for doing something for yourself, and someone that you don’t feel the need to rush back quickly to. Then go and feed your spirit, everyone needs a bit of ‘me time’.
I’ve started booking mine in for the last 3 months of the year. I aim for one every few weeks (I’d do it weekly but I can’t afford it). Here’s a list of my self-care appointments for the rest of the year:
- Hair colour & cut- This is a regular 3-4 monthly appointment for me, my hair grows sooo fast
- Manicure/Pedicure- I like to do this close to Christmas so I can get something festive
- Remedial massage- This one is more regular then the others. My body just aches picking up the boys, rocking them, holding my youngest whilst breastfeeding the list goes on and on.
- Eyebrow wax- This I get done 2-3 times a year to keep them tidy.
- Eyelash extensions- I’ve always wanted to have this done so this year I’m going to treat myself.
- Shopping- for personal items e.g. new underwear, pair of shoes, whatever takes my fancy that’s just for me.
Take time for yourself, book those appointments mumma.
Mumma Z xxx